12/31/2010

My top ten list for 2010

I have read right around 175 books this year (not as many as last year).  Our move has slowed down my reading, I stay so busy with church stuff these days, but I am still reading. 
I just wanted to post my top ten list...

Unspeakable Journey by Rinda Hahn
Hidden Flame by Davis Bunn and Janette Oke
Plain Jayne by Hillary Manton Lodge
A Promise of Hope by Amy Clipston
Deadly Disclosure by Julie Cave
Solitary by Travis Thrasher
The Waiting by Suzanne Woods Fisher

Nightmare by Robin Parrish
Fear No Evil by Robin Caroll
I am including this book even though it technically doesnt release until January 2011 ( but since I read it in 2010, I am sneaking it on my list ROFL)
A Place of Peace by Amy Clipston

Havah by Tosca Lee I enjoyed this book, very much, it was a reprint from 2008, so it is down here..



These are not listed in any particular order...I loved them all!! If you click on the book title you will see my review of the book
~C~

7 comments:

  1. So glad that I have read at least 5 of them and thought they were excellent!! Amy's top the list of your's. I also would include Beth Wiseman in the list!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cindy! Thank you so very much for including my book in your list--I am honored! Really...what a lovely discovery on New Year's Day! Warmly, Suzanne Fisher

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were right on some of these books, but apparently haven't read Laura Frantz's first two books...some of the best reads ever...and I, like you have read 100s of books! And I'm picky...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did read her books, both of them actually and I liked them alot, but if you notice my two main genre's that I like are mystery/suspense and Amish stories, thus the reason they were not in my top ten. I love Laura's books also but these were my favorites in my favorite genre's, and since it was my favorite list, I got to pick. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cindy, I quite understand...if we all liked the same things the world would be a most boring place. I had not heard of some of the titles you listed so wasn't aware of what genre they were. I'm so strange though, because I love all genres except the way out there macabre stuff and science fiction. You can take me all the way from the frontiers of L. Frantz's books, to Colleen Coble's mystery books, to the Amish,and then to the gothic Jane Austen type books...I love them all. All genres that is, but I am real picky about the book itself. I love a book that I can barely put down no matter what genre it is. If I find myself skimming...that's a no no for that book. Thanks, Cindy for allowing me to express my opinion. Wishing you lots of happy reading in 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for posting on my blog, I love to read and I enjoy reviewing books,and I am very grateful to be able to do so. I like most genres, just tend to enjoy the two I mentioned best. Stop back by I have several reviews coming up this week

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cindy - So glad you enjoyed Plain Jayne! Hope you enjoy another year of reading in 2011 :-)

    ReplyDelete