7/17/2015

Get to Me by Lara Van Hulzen

I struggled with writing this review for a couple of weeks. I finished this book three weeks ago and just couldn't make myself write the review. Why? This book has a great story, and Lara is so gifted in telling that story. However, she uses four letter words that do not seem to fit the personality of her characters. I was shocked and dismayed when I read the first one, thinking maybe it is an isolated incident. Sad to say there were more four letter words. Now you may be thinking I am a prude, and that everyone talks like that. Well I don't talk like that and this book is marketed as a faith-based novel, so I have to mention this. I would love to say "great book, everyone should read this." But if you, like me find four letter words offensive then proceed with caution. 3 stars from this reviewer. This book was provided by the author for review. These are my own thoughts. No payment was received for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment