3/27/2013

Deliver Us Review and Interview

My Thoughts:
June Foster is not afraid to tackle the issues.  Head on!  She doesn't back down from the issues and her writing portrays the conviction that her stories are stories to be shared.  Head on, this book deals with the aftermath and destruction that abortion brings to the life of young women.  She shares with us the extent that doing and dealing drugs, can destroy a life. But the most important part of the book is the fact that God redeems and forgive all of these issues.  That his redeeming power can lift a person out of the self condemnation people often place on themselves.  I loved this story.  A beautiful story of God's redemptive love!  This book is wonderfully written and choices and issues are dealt with, in a Godly manner.  A thought 
provoking, heart moving story.  Most definitely a 5 star story.  





Some fun questions from June:
 Tell us a little about yourself.

I am the mother of two and grandmother of 10, soon to be a great. My husband and I traveled in our RV full time until last November when we bought a house. I taught school for 34 years and began writing in my 60's. I love the Lord and couldn't go one day without Him.

 Tell us three things about yourself that would surprise your readers.

Well, I'm 5'10" and have a daughter who's 5'2". My great grandfather was a Catholic priest. I generally tell people to think about that one for a minute. I lived in Europe

As a child or teenager, did you ever dream of being an author?

Never. That is another strange thing about me. I wrote academically in college and with my job, but never fiction. It was only until the Lord put a story on my heart that I began writing. I knew nothing about the craft and started reading every "how to" book I could get my hands on. I'm continually learning.

Tell us about the journey to getting this book published.

In 2011, I submitted a proposal to Desert Breeze Publishing for my Bellewood Series. I never thought it would result in a contract. One Sunday morning in September, I opened my e-mail and received the news that Gail Delaney wanted to contract all three books in the series. When I screamed, my husband came running from the bedroom thinking a bug had attacked me or something. Deliver Us is the third and final book in that series.



Where do you get ideas for your books?

I believe the Lord gives them to me. Since I write romance, I like to think of a man and a woman who would least likely fall in love. Shall I confess right now? I wrote one book about a young woman who falls in love with a Christian homosexual man. Yes, it's true. Ryan's Father will be out in 2014. I'd like to remind you my stories are all told from a strong Christian worldview, so you'll have to wait to see what happens. The story reflects my stand on this delicate topic.

Where can fans find you or your books online?


Thanks you June for visiting my blog, and answering questions for us...I enjoy visiting with you so much!

~Cindy~




1 comment:

  1. Cindy, I appreciate your the time you took in reading and reviewing my book. I pray readers will be blessed by reading it and realize no mistake in our lives is too big for our God to forgive. He casts the memory of them as far away as the east is from the west.

    ReplyDelete