7/05/2012

REVIEW | A Season of Love by Amy Clipston



Book 5 Kauffman Amish Bakery Series
July 2012
Zondervan
Fiction/Christian/General

OHH wow, all good things must come to an end, but I am so sad to see the end of this series.  I really feel like I know Elizabeth and Eli Kauffman and their very large family.  I have to say, and I know I say it every time, but this book was the best.  Each book in this series improved with each story.  I love Amy's writing style and this story had me hooked from page one to the end.
Lindsay comes home from visiting her friends in the Englisch world, people who are like family to her.  However upon finding out her Aunt Rebecca was on total bed rest for her third pregnancy, Lindsay rushes home, and knows that this is where her heart is and decides to be baptized with her best friends Lizzie Ann and Katie Kauffman.  Life is changing for them all as they are growing up into young adult women.  Matthew waits for her baptism and then he starts courting Lindsay.  Lizzie Ann and Samuel Kauffman announce their intentions to get married.  But Katie feels left out, like a fifth wheel, she has no boyfriend and no real interests in the boys of their congregation.  A budding friendship with Jake Miller will lead to trouble, and lots of it.
This story made me laugh and cry, it was hard watching as Katie struggled to find her way.  Again this was my favorite of the entire series.  I cannot wait for the next series!!
Many thanks to Amy Clipston and Zondervan for allowing me to review this book.  No payment was received for this review.  5 stars 304 pages USD $12.99

No comments:

Post a Comment