5/05/2009

Face of Betrayal

Face of Betrayal A Triple Threat Novel
Lis Wiehl with April Henry
2008
Thomas Nelson
Fiction/Mystery
ISBN 978-1-59554-705-7

Reviewed by Cindy Loven

A Triple Threat Novel, presents us with Cassidy, a TV news reporter, Nicole, a FBI agent, and Allison the prosecutor. Combine the three of them and you get the Triple Threat. High school friends, reunited after their 10 year reunion, they have become close over the years.
Katie, a 17 year old Senate page has disappeared while walking her sister's dog, and the Triple Threat, come together, working as a team to solve Katie's disappearance. Throw in scandal with a married Senator, who has a history of dallying with the pages, and you have the makings of a great mystery.
Lis Wiehl, has presented us with a book that is a awesome read, I personally was thrilled to read a great mystery, without filth, as most tend to have. The fact that Allison, the prosecutor has a great faith in the Lord, really made the book for me. Her faith was strong and unwavering, and a perfect example that we can have mysteries that are clean. I loved that I did not figure out the mystery until the very end of the book. Lis Wiehl kept me guessing the entire book, just when I thought I had it solved, I would see I was on the track.
This book was a book I could not put down until I read it to the end, the end has a list of discussion questions for a book club or group setting. Most definitely a book I recommend to all mystery lovers.
291 pages $24.99 US

No comments:

Post a Comment