1/15/2012

The Keeper

Stoney Ridge Seasons
Suzanne Woods Fisher
2012
Revell
Fiction/Amish

Julia Lapp has know since was ten years old that she wanted to marry Paul Fisher, and that is what she is planning on doing.  Until he decides maybe they should wait a bit, but after the marrying season is over, and spring arrives, they decide that this is the year they will marry.  However the arrival of the Bee Man, Roaming Roman Troyer, has once again caused Paul to get cold feet and again he postpones their wedding.  Julia is hurt, angry and is pretty sure she may hate the Bee Man, but she also decides that he is just making Paul change his mind, because he is in love with her. 
Caring for the farm is about to wear her down since her father's illness, when her uncle sends for Fern a woman who has been writing him, thru is stories in the Budget, a great load is lifted off Julia's shoulders, but there is still all the outside work, and when Roman stays in their little cottage, she sees an opportunity to get some work accomplished.  Watching her father get weaker day by day is taking a toil on her peace of mind, for some reason even though she is sure that she cannot stand him, Roman Troyer seems to help her find peace. 
I am SOO glad that I received this book, I absolutely loved this story!! I cannot wait to read the other two books she mentions coming out in this series.  I fell in love with Suzanne's writing from the first book sent to me, and I still love her books!  Definitely a book that will stay in my library to enjoy over and over again!  The style of Suzanne's writing kept me reading from front page to the last page, I could not put the book down!  316 pages $US 14.99 5 stars!! 
Thanks to Revell Publishing for providing this book for review.  No payment was received for this review.  This book is available January 2012 at your favorite seller of Revell Books, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cindy! I always smile when I see your blog on the report...love popping by here and seeing what you're up to! Thanks for such a terrific review of "The Keeper"--delighted to hear you enjoyed it! I think you'll get a kick out of the next two books in the series. I'm already missing those quirky Lapps! Warmly, Suzanne

    ReplyDelete