2/23/2011

Amy Inspired

Bethany Pierce
2010
Bethany House
Fiction/Contemporary

Reviewed by Cindy Loven

First of all I have to say, thank you to Bethany House for providing this book for review.  Now on to the book,  it was the first book I have read by Bethany Pierce, and it really pushed the envelope for Christian fiction.  The author wrote alot about mature matters, and was rather obsessive about body parts, in my view.  Not what I expect when I read Christian fiction. 
The story line was interesting, but often hard to follow with examples of the fictional character's writing.  Ms. Pierce did portray the true friendship between Amy and her roomate Zoe, and you felt the anguish of the loss of Zoe's mother.  The friendship between the roomates was beautifully portrayed and you felt they were very real with each other, a true friendship, like you and I experience in our own lives.  The need to fall in love and the need to be recognized for our accomplishments is something we all face, just as Amy Gallagher does in this story. 
While it was the first story I have read by this author,  and even though this story was not one I favored, I will read her again.  There is a group discussion at the end of the book.  318 pages 3 stars. $14.99

2 comments:

  1. I could not connect with this book either and found it hard to read.

    My review is posted here:
    http://redlilycafe.blogspot.com/2010/11/amy-inspired.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's an award waiting for you on my blog. I hope that you enjoy it!

    http://thoughtsofaworkingmom.com/2011/02/23/versatile-blogger-award/

    ReplyDelete