4/01/2010

Interview with DiAnn Mills

Hi DiAnn welcome to Cindy's reviews, first of all congratulations on two new books coming out. Tell us a bit about yourself and how you began writing?
I live in Houston, TX with my husband. We have four adult sons and two grand babies, a girl and a boy. I begin writing seriously in 1996 when my husband challenged me to write a book. He told me to quit my job and see if I could get anything published. To me, writing is more than a job or a career, it's a ministry.

Now your two books that are being released one this month and one in May, they are a Historical, and a Contemporary Suspense, what drew you to the different genres?
 Actually it's the lure of suspense that draws the two genres together. I love the culture and the setting of the 19th century, and I'm a citizen of the 21st with all the drama and suspense that we view each day!

To me, story is all about a woman who is willing to step into a non traditional role. She's all woman, but she has a passion for her God-given purpose.

With two books coming out at close to the same time, did you work on them simultaneously? If so was that hard to keep straight?
Yes, I did! And I simply had to change from a Border Patrol uniform to grabbing my saddle. :) However, during the editing process, I'm focused on one book at a time.


Tell us a bit about any other writing, published or non that you have done?
I've written around 50 books, including the ones coming out this year and in 2011. All are fiction except for one book. Writing a non fiction book was the hardest thing I've ever done! I love the process of story, creating characters and plot lines that cause those characters to grow and accomplish a goal. It's exciting. It's a challenge. It's an adventure for me and I hope for the readers too.


What is next for DiAnn Mills readers and fans, if you can tell us?
The third book in the Call of Duty series will be released in October. This book was a thrill to research and write. The heroine is an FBI agent sent to investigate a series of murders in which her father may be involved.
A second historical for Zondervan will be released shortly after 2011. The Fire in Ember picks up a character in A Woman Called Sage. I thoroughly enjoyed continuing the series set in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado.

Where can readers learn more about you and about your books?
My website has the first chapters and book trailers of Sworn to Protect and A Woman Called Sage. My books can be purchased wherever books are sold.


Any last thoughts you would like to leave us with?
I so appreciate readers, and for all of those aspiring writers, don't give up! I invite you to subscribe to my newsletter and learn about contests, author interviews, and other fun stuff!
  Author Bio:


Award-winning author DiAnn Mills launched her career in 1998 with the publication of her first book. Currently she has fifty books in print and has sold 1.5 million copies.

DiAnn believes her readers should “Expect an Adventure.” She is a fiction writer who combines an adventuresome spirit with unforgettable characters to create action-packed novels.
Six of her titles have appeared on the CBA Bestseller List. Three of her books have won the distinction of Best Historical of the Year by Heartsong Presents. Five of her books have won placements through American Christian Fiction Writer’s Book of the Year Awards 2003 – 2008, and she is the recipient of the Inspirational Reader’s Choice award for 2005 and 2007. She was a Christy Awards finalist in 2008.

DiAnn is a founding board member for American Christian Fiction Writers, a member of Inspirational Writers Alive, Romance Writers of America’s Faith, Hope and Love, and Advanced Writers and Speakers Association. She speaks to various groups and teaches writing workshops around the country. DiAnn is also a mentor for Jerry B. Jenkins Christian Writer’s Guild.

She and her husband live in sunny Houston, Texas. They have four adult sons and are active members of Metropolitan Baptist Church.



No comments:

Post a Comment