7/14/2017

Getting to know Author Suzanne Schaffer

What inspired you to write the book, Simple Things?
Honestly, it was through prayer and my own struggles that Simple Things came to be. I figured if I was dealing with these things in my life then there were women all over the world dealing with the same issues.
 What are your writing habits?
I need complete quiet when I write, the house empty, and a cup of tea. I usually write by a window so I can look far away at the trees, it clears my head. If there is music playing I follow the songs. Music is so powerful to me, I can’t just listen to it, I have to engage in it.
 When did you start writing?
My earliest poetry is from when I was ten. It’s not very good. 🙂
 Do you have a special routine connected with your writing time?
I get all of my housework and other chores done in the morning and write in the afternoon. I do, however, keep a notebook with me most of the time and jot down thoughts as they come to me.
What do you want people to remember about Simple Things long after they’ve finished reading it? 
That God has more for them if they allow Him full control in every area of their lives.
What is one thing you hope people will not assume or think about you, because you have written a book?
That I am somehow special. I don’t feel any different than I did before. Everyone keeps mentioning how proud they are of me for writing a book but I don’t feel a sense of accomplishment, I just feel like it was what I was supposed to do. In the same way I cook dinner for my husband, I write. It’s just my thing.
Is there a message in your book that you want readers to grasp?
Life is about so much more than what we do, it’s about how we live and who we live for. At the end of our days it’s just us and God and it’s too late to choose to live for Him then. Are the things we get involved in worth risking eternity for? Learning to discern what is truly important in life and eternity should motivate us to live to please God.

Suzanne Schaffer

Suzanne Schaffer


Suzanne Schaffer is wife to a pastor and mom to two adult children and one brown dog. She is a lover of all things 1940s and can usually be found with a cup of tea in one hand and a book in the other. She believes life is too short for mediocre food and will spend extra on good chocolate. Her sense of humor gets her through the hard times of life and she laughs freely at whatever comes her way. Suzanne lives in the mountains of Central Pennsylvania. She's been writing most of her life, mostly to appease the urge to get the words on paper. Simple Things is her first book. Visit her online at www.notenoughchocolate.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment